Installation & Setup
- Upload the Google Maps Route plugin to the `/wp-content/plugins/` directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
After installing the plugin, you will need to setup the plugin for use:
- Create a Google Maps API key here.
- Put your Google Maps API key in Map Routes > Settings and save it. Also, we have provided options for you to customize the looks of route / path. So, you can specify the color, line width and transparency of the route on Google Maps.
- You can add locations by going to Map Routes > Add New Location.
- You can manage the added locations easily by going to Map Routes > List Locations.
- You can show the map by either using shortcode [route] or widget.
[route height="500" width="500"]
- height represents the height of Google Map
- width represent the width of Google Map
Screenshot of an example shortcode:
- Go to Appearance > Widgets.
- Drag and drop Google Maps Route to the desired location.
- Screenshot of an example of Widget output
Please feel free to ask any questions that you may have. You can download it from here.